Discover the charming Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan) in Central Asia, historically well known as the land of nomads and Silk Road crossroads for people, goods, and ideas between Europe and Asia. Visit the Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, the magic part of the Silk Road and Central Asia. It is time to go to Kyrgyzstan and explore with the AI TOUR Kyrgyzstan Travel Agency the country Northern region must- see places Ala Archa National Park, Burana Tower, alpine Issyk Kyl lake, Son Kul Lake; Tash Rabat , Naryn river and gorgeous Tien Shan mountains and of course friendly people. We will provide affordable holyday package, interesting tours, unforgettable trips, luxury hotels or budget accommodations and cheap guesthouses.
The Kyrgyzstan Northern Region best tourist sites,must- see places and travel destination places:
- City of Bishkek (formerly Pishpek and Frunze), is the capital and largest city of Kyrgyzstan (Kyrgyz Republic).
- Ala Archa National Park is an alpine national park in the Tian Shan Mountains of Kyrgyzstan. Established in 1976 and located approximately 40 km from the city of Bishkek.
- Burana Tower is a 25m high tower, a once 40 meters tall minaret, is all that leftovers of the ancient city of Balasagun. Soghdians, a people of Iranian origin, founded the city Balasagun and it was the capital of the Kara-Khanid Khanate from the 10th century until the Kara-Khitan Khanate took it in 1134. The Mongols then captured it in 1218. The Mongols called it Gobalik ("pretty city"). Nowadays, it is one of Kyrgyzstan’s most famous historical sites located near the city of Tokmok, between Bishkek and Issyk –Kul region around 80 km far from Bishkek.
- Lake Issyk-Kul is the world’s second largest alpine and saline lake with more than 180 km long, about 75 km across and an attitude of 1650 m. The Issyk Kul lake meaning is “Hot Lake” and it never freezes even the winter period. This region is a popular holiday resort, with many hotels, resorts, sanatoria, boarding houses and vacation homes and ets.
- City of Cholpon Ata is the heart of the Issyk Kul Lake region, which is a famous beach and mountain resorts and incredible tourist zone in Central Asia. The Cholpon Ata ( literally "Venus-father", the name of a mythological protecting spirit) is a resort town on the northern shore of Lake Issyk-Kul in Kyrgyzstan
- Karakol (formerly Przhevalsk) and Terskey Ala-Too valleys: Karakol is the centre of Issyk Kul province, one of the large cities of Kyrgyzstan, a starting point for some of the most beautiful mountain areas in the world, famous with their Tianshan fir forests- the valleys of Terskey Alatau mountain range: Djety Oguz, Karakol, Arashan and some others.
- Song Kul Lake (meaning “Beautiful Lake”). As per tripadvisor’s reviews, the tourist site is a must-see place. The alpine lake with the altitude of 3000m, area 270 sq.km is the second largest and fresh water lake in Kyrgyzstan. You will visit the Kyrgyzstan Happy Nomad village.
- Tash Rabat is a 15th century Silk Road stone caravanserai; however, some sources believe that it is a 10 –Century Cristian monastery. This must-see tourist site located in Atbashy district, Naryn Province, Kyrgyzstan. The Tash Rabat caravanserai (Kyrgyz meaning “Stone fortress” or simply a roadside inn where travelers or caravaners could rest and recover from the day's journey) placed at an altitude of 3,200 meters, and 491 km or 6.5 hours drive from Bishkek.
- Chatyr Kol or Chatyr Kul is a mountain lake near the border with China, offering breathtaking views.
To book your travel to Kyrgyzstan, Central Asia, please, contact us.